FAQ - What is the purpose of the TEA Token?

TEA is an ERC-20 token that serves as the access key to certain aspects and designated features of the tea Protocol. Holders of TEA tokens can support software projects by staking TEA tokens to specific OSS projects in the software ecosystem. TEA holders may also contribute to the security of the software supply chain by preparing and submitting vulnerability reports.

17 Likes

hmm interesting
i am so exited to be a part of the tea project

3 Likes

Gm! We’re curious about the Tea Project as we’re already contributing open source software and know about the funding issues. I’ve got the idea, that registred projects receive TEA tokens (and receive even more, when TEA tokens are being staked to individual projects?). But how does the project itself gain revenue? So far, it looks like it’s only “giving”, but where does the monetary inflow occur?

4 Likes

GM! Projects registered under the tea protocol will receive Proof of Contribution rewards, if they have a teaRank that surpasses a governance-defined threshold.

Another source of income for registered projects is donations, each project having its own treasury.

The fact that package maintainers will have to stake TEA tokens (part of the Proof of Contribution rewards) towards their own project demonstrates the commitment to their work and the future of their own project, it only positively boosts their own reputation and on the other hand being a solution to prevent bad actors.

4 Likes

We’re intrigued by the Tea Project, especially given our existing contributions to open source software and our understanding of the associated funding challenges. We’ve gathered that registered projects receive TEA tokens, with potential for additional tokens when they’re staked to individual projects. Could you kindly elaborate on how the project itself generates revenue?

2 Likes

Great question! For context, the TEA token has 4 demand drivers: gas fee, access, governance, OSS projects security.

This refers to a TEA token utility, access, projects will have to hold and stake TEA tokens to open their own DAO treasury and earn Proof of Contribution rewards. Also by continuing to earn rewards projects will have to proportionally increase the amount of TEA tokens they stake. The amount of TEA tokens staked towards their own project will only positively influence the project’s reputation, i.e. rewards.

The architecture of the TEA token is designed in such a way that it becomes the critical tool in the use, participation and contribution within The tea Protocol. It is also important to note that the TEA token has a deflationary model, implementing burning and slashing mechanisms.

In this aspect, The tea Protocol generates value determined by participants and which is captured in the TEA token, then distributed to contributors and participants. This and is the decentralized token model within a decentralized protocol!

2 Likes

Very insightful reply here ser

1 Like

Wen token launch???

1 Like

According to current plans the TGE (token launch) will take place on June 12, the same day as the mainnet launch.

1 Like

Great… Thank you so much

1 Like

great info thanks guys

1 Like

I am excited to participate in this ecosystem.

1 Like

nice project sir,let’s gooooo

1 Like

I also like this project. let’s goooo

1 Like

great work and amazing

1 Like

yes i also want to know.

great work and amazing

i am intersted
please take me.