Is at least 1 dependent required to register my npm OSS project on TEA?

While looking through the registration criteria and forum posts, I found out that to be teaRank detected, i need to have at least 1 dependency & dependent and about 24 hours must pass.

Many projects have dependencies, but dependents are unlikely to apply except in large projects.
I confirmed that projects without dependent are also searched. Is this really necessary?

I uploaded a project that I managed privately, but is this project still unable to be registered even after 24 hours? Please take a look.

7 Likes

Hi! Your project has been published 30 minutes ago, consider that teaRank is updated daily, and yes, your project must have at least 1 dependent, since teaRank is assigned to packages that impact the OSS space.

4 Likes

Projects without dependents are also searched in TEA. Why is that? First of all, thank you for the quick reply.

3 Likes

Could you please send the link to such a project to check?

The number of dependents is a criterion that determines the impact of the project on the OSS space.

2 Likes

This is from the latest listings on the TEA home page. It is marked as eligible project and can be searched on the project registration page, but there are no dependents in this project.

3 Likes

This project has one dependent.

2 Likes

Shouldn’t we look at the dependents section of the npmjs page? It’s still showing as ‘0 dependents’.

1 Like

Interesting, I’ll forward this project to the team and get back to you with a response

3 Likes

Are there any updates? One day has passed since the conditions were met. It still doesn’t show up.

1 Like

We are currently investigating newly created and published prackages that do not appear in teaRank.
I’ll keep you updated.

The tea protocol relies on data from the package manager but not all information will be the exact same as we had to adjust the variables to ensure spam protection and accurate teaRank calculations. The tea protocol is reconciles different dependencies and dependents for each version of a package which is why there may be a delta in what you see in the package manager and the tea protocol. Your project may have more dependents on tea than on npm because teaRank includes your own package as a dependent of itself as part of our spam protection strategy.

1 Like