[Discussion] Looks like an indexer issue

Hi team,

As several users have reported that they found difficulties when searching for their OSS project, I have inspected the API call when doing the search, and I found that seems like the project name has somehow appended twice (duplicated) to the repo url which caused the repo cannot be found, here are some examples:

package name: two

package name: reeta

package name: ranui

Because they have similar patterns, so I would like to report this.

Thank you

4 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback. The third project is my project, but cannot add to TEA.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your feedback. The third project is my project, but can not add to TEA.
npm: https://www.npmjs.com/package/ranui
github: ran/packages/ranui at main Β· chaxus/ran Β· GitHub

4 Likes

My pleasure, let’s investigate the issue together :smile:

2 Likes

I have same issue, let check. Great job

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks for your research! This is not an issue, deliberate decision to append it to the URL, because we found another project within that package manager which has the same URL, and chose not to deduplicate.

We don’t do it for the source, just for the project_url, source is actually where we look for the constitution, project_url is what we use to deduplicate.

3 Likes

For newly published projects, if the projects meet the criteria you can be sure they will be indexed, we are working on a fix that will speed up the indexing process of newly published projects.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your clarification!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Projects oss invalid